[G4] EIDE and Ultra ATA RAID

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sun Apr 24 17:55:08 PDT 2005

	I have been using a 120 GB Western Digital EIDE drive in my G4 for
about a year.  I also have 2 40 GB Ultra ATA drives installed.  I
recently picked up a 120 GB Ultra ATA Seagate drive that I put in place
of one of the 40 GB drives.

	I am planning on setting up a Striped RAID using the 2 120 GB drives
and installing Tiger on it.  Is this possible even with the 2 different
interfaces?  If it is possible, would it be worth spending another $80
or $90 to get another Ultra ATA drive to use in place of the EIDE
drive?

Thanks,

Kevin