[G4] Jump from Jaguar directly to Tiger?

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Thu Apr 28 18:40:34 PDT 2005

On Apr 28, 2005, at 8:16 PM, Kunga wrote:

> I strongly disagree. It means EXACTLY THAT. "All that money?" What
> "All that money?" $129 or $99 at CompUSA or $69 educational is "All
> that money"??!!!
>
> Waiting for a perfect Tiger is like waiting for a perfect life. Tiger
> is totally stable and will dazzle you with its benefits immediately.
> Buy it tomorrow Anne and install it tomorrow night directly from
> Jaguar. Ron reads like he is truly unappreciative of all the hard work
> being done for his benefit in Cupertino. I for one am not.

I waited for Panther to stabilize.
Then I decided I LIKED 10.2.8  I still like it.
  I upgraded to 10.3.8/9 only to get my FCP HD upgrade. (and iLife '05)
  Guess what? They are both unhappy puppies.
Panther takes forever to boot. Apps take a long time to load (even
after prebinding)
XBench reports an overall speedbump (confirmed by render times) but my
video speed
is down from 106 FPS to 88 FPS.
  FCP HD is configured to take advantage of 3rd party hardware to it's
detriment.
I find that there are so many places to set the outputs that it gets
confused
and when feeding my Pioneer DVDRecorder It can EASILY go to a condition
where the video goes to the Firewire but the audio goes nowhere.
I Know how to control it. It is a bug and when I called Apple refused
to discuss it with me.
Further the favorites menu is scragged and they know it.
So I am leary. (bleary too)
Jim
Quicksilver2001
OWC Mercury 1.2 g G4