[G4] Vonage on a Mac

rich northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Tue Aug 2 08:57:05 PDT 2005

Hi Guys & Gals,

I need your collective wisdom once again.

My friend has two Macs -- an iMac and an iBook.  Both are running tiger
with a cable internet provider (road runner).

My friend wants to use Vonage as her phone provider.  She has purchased
a Linksys Broadband Router with two Phone Ports. Model RT31P2.

In reading the manual it appears that this will give her two phone
lines and a computer feed to the internet -- in-spite of a lack of
Macintosh install instructions -- apparently they haven't heard about
Macs yet!.  However, my friend also wants to add wireless capability so
she can use the iBook without a hardwire.

It is my understanding that usually one adds the wireless capability
with a router.  If this is correct, is there another router  that has
the phone-line capability, wireless and a computer feed?

Also do I need to be concerned about the lack of Mac install
instructions?

Thanks much for your help.

rich