[G4] Re: Update on Serial ATA PCI Card for G4 (It Lives!)

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Aug 3 01:04:06 PDT 2005

On 2 Aug, 2005, at 15:47, Richard M. Kriss wrote:

This could be a bug somewhere. Anyone else using a Serial ATA/PCI card
that
can check their System Profile?

I don't have a SATA drive, but I do have a Sonnet ATA-133 IDE
controller card installed in one of the PCI slots. When I open ASP, it
only shows the card, not the two drives I have attached to the card,
and lists it under the PCI/AGP Cards heading as
Card			Type	Bus		Slot
PDC20269	ata		PCI		Slot-C

The drives are a 40Gb Maxtor and a 60Gb Western Digital.

The original drive is still attached to the internal IDE ribbon, but
does not show up at all under the ATA heading or any other heading.
This drive is another 40Gb Maxtor.

Very strange circumstances, but everything is and has been working
fine, so I stopped worrying about it and just work away at the
keyboard.