[G4] Sharing the internet

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 4 21:05:36 PDT 2005

On 5/8/2005 11:30 AM, "James Pacyga" <jim.pacyga at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Use printer sharing options etc.  You can also share the internet
> connection via a router or if you have a spare Internet card on one
> machine share that machine's connection out to the second box.

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is it possible for a G4 tower to share an internet connection,
>>> printer, & scanner with a PC?

>> yes

I too would appreciate more info on this. Is there a place to find more
detailed info? Especially regarding sharing a printer/scanner. Is it just a
matter of unplugging/plugging from machine to machine, or can it be done in
an easier way?

Feedback for those who answered the Virtual PC questions: I bought a Pentium
3 / 256RAM / 10GB refurbished PC with CD burner, MS Office, Nero5, Norton AV
for less than half the price of Virtual PC. (Boy, are used PC's cheap!) So
it can just sit here for those odd PC only programs like Swish, and I can
put a few of the many affordable PC only games on it for the kids. Very
happy. Now all I have to do is suffer the learning curve and smugness
associated with my 16 year old teaching me how to do things on a PC :-)

Tony.