[G4] Partitioning ?

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 4 21:22:00 PDT 2005

On 5/8/2005 11:38 AM, "Dan A Currie" <dancurr at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Has anyone here used partition on their G4 HD and if so what was the result?

Nothing could be simpler than partitioning both internal and external disks
using Disk Utility found in applications. (If I can do it it has to be easy)

However it has the downside of being destructive in as much as partitioning
erases the disk. I know there is a non-destructive version available,
although I have a feeling it was for PC. Non-destructive partitioning means
that the sizes of partitions can be adjusted later according to needs
without erasing data, which seems to me a rather desirable feature. Perhaps
looking at alternatives to Disk Utility for Mac is a good idea, if the
software is non-destructive.

Tony