[G4] DVD Burner

F Pike fdpike at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 09:32:30 PDT 2005

Dan,
     Just to add another voice to this, i also have a
PowerMac MDD , the 1.25Ghz FW400 model, and it
only came with a Combo Drive. I moved the combo-drive
to the lower bay and installed a Pioneer 109 ($46.00
at newegg) in the top bay. Set both drives to cable
select, and installed "patch burn" (no need for patch
burn if you are running tiger). You have to remove the
front bezal on the tray to get the door to open the
way it should. It all works great.

A great place to go for info on drives and details on
the install is http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/
Frank.

> Hello All and Lady Witt,
>
> I am driving a 1Ghz  MDD with 512 MB running Tiger
and I finally
> got around to editing my vacation.  Went to burn a
DVD using iDVD 5
> and a little window popped up saying ...  "Your
Macintosh does not
> have a supported SuperDrive."  Well this is the
drive that came
> with the machine.  System profiler says that it is a
PHILIPS CDD5301.