[G4] second drives questions...

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 9 16:54:56 PDT 2005

> If you "boot up iTunes and iPhoto from the second drive" by double
> clicking on a file located on the second drive, you may be able to
> start the program just as you would if the files had never been moved.
> I have never tried that exact procedure, booting a program from a
> second drive, so I won't say it can or cannot be done but strange
> things have occurred in the past and will continue to happen whenever
> they can.

It works, at least for iPhoto. I accidentally discovered this shortcut
simply by 'checking' that the files in the new location were valid  by
double clicking and discovered the iPhoto window opened and from there on in
it just found the photos at that location (on an external HD) without ever
having to browse to set the new default.

Moving both iTunes and iPhoto to other drives sure freed up a lot of space
on my main HD and noticeably increased speed as it reduced HD usage from
about 85% to about 60%.

Tony