[G4] [OT] making a backup of Diskwarrior

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Fri Aug 12 12:34:52 PDT 2005

Jay,

I was able to make a backup copy of mine.  And, even after that a later version of a backup with the upgrade where you create a new startup disk from the old one, but add the new version of DW to it (I think that was about the time of Panther).  I backed up both versions, to keep in my laptop bag for road warrior trips.  So, I have no idea what is wrong in your situation unless you have a brand new original that has some newfangled copy protection in the disk.  As for suggestions, if you have a friendly PC nearby, you might try burning a backup copy on it.  Maybe that would work if the protection extends to the Mac world only.

--Steve