[G4] AppleTalk - What for now?

Dennis B. Swaney romad at nvwisp.com
Tue Aug 16 08:00:08 PDT 2005

At 9:03 AM -0400 8/16/05, Dale Hoffman wrote:
>What is AppleTalk good for anymore?

Well, in my case, it is the only way that I can connect my Rev B iMac
running 9.x to my G4 iMac running 10.3.9. So that means I've reached
the end of my OS X updating since 10.4.x does not support AppleTalk.

I've asked on several boards, how to connect the Rev B to the G4 so
that I can use the WiMax internet connection I have, but I get a
deafening silence.

>Is there any advantage to activating it on a network consisting of
>OSX machines?

If they are running 10.4.x, you can't.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is
... oh, never mind."