[G4] Blue Screen... Success !!!

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 27 09:38:00 PDT 2005

 Kevin,

Glad to hear that you got the problem fixed.

I had a different but similar problem with my MDD dual 1.25 running
10.3.8 recently.

While the computer was in sleep mode a transformer nearby exploded,
creating a brief power outage.

When I tried to start up the computer, the start button would light as
long as I held it on but would go out as soon as released with no sound
whatsoever from the computer.  I thought that a surge may have blown
something in the start up circuit.

I opened up the computer and removed the 4 hard drives and removed the
pram battery to check the voltages.  When I replaced the battery and
hit the start button, the computer tried to start up but since there
was no system available not much happened.  After replacing the hard
drives everything was OK and has been for a couple of weeks now.  I
think removing the battery for a few minutes fixed the problem.  I did
nothing else to reset the pram but removing the voltage for long enough
must have forced a reset of something that got scrambled during the
power surge.

Just thought this might be of interest in case someone else had a
similar problem.

S. Kennedy