[G4] Jumper advice

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 27 11:10:11 PDT 2005

 Ron,

You will see a lot of posts to this site where those answering don't
understand the problem and sometimes nit pick too much.  Try not to let
that bother you.

I'm not sure I can help you with the hard drive problem but I can
relate my experience.  I have been running my dual 1.25 MDD with 10.3
and 4 hard drives installed for some time with no problems at all with
the drives being mounted.  I haven't checked for this post but I am
sure that all four of the drives are set for cable select.  I have 2
Maxtor 40 GB, 1 Samsung 160 GB and the original 120 GB drive that came
with the computer.  I would advise trying to set all drives to cable
select and I think someone has already explained that the "normal"
setup is right rather than the special setups that seem to be for PC's
running other operating systems.  I agree that the diagrams are often
confusing depending on the drives.

Hope this helps,

S. Kennedy