[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 12, Issue 21

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Aug 27 12:10:52 PDT 2005

On 08/27/05, Ron Michael <ronmichael at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry my apostrophes have caused so much concern thus losing my

I only pointed that out because it looked strange on my machine. I've only
seen that happen on PC created text docs sent as e-mails. As I responded
earlier, it may be that you have set use smart quotes within your mail
app-but that's only a WAG.

I didn't lose your original message, but, since I don't have your machine,
I don't know what's recommended for your machine WRT to HD
configurations/modes. That's why I advised seeing what your "Setting up
your G4" manual stated. On my G4, 450 MP, Gigabit Ethernet machine, the
bottom is the master and the optional one above is the slave. The
accompanying manual states that my machine doesn't work with HDs in cable
select mode.

> Plus I get a lecture from John. What may be "simple
> and straight forward" to one person might be confusing to another,
> which is the point of these lists, or so I thought.

You thought correctly. Sorry if you considered my reply to "I can't find my
drive on Hitachi's site" a lecture. I provided the links so that you and
others could easily get to what you were looking for at the site. If I
offended, accept my apology.

Since you have the settings information, what don't you understand? You
just move the jumper(s) into the positions shown for the various
configurations/modes, as shown in your machine's manual. If you don't have
your manual, see if it's available at
<http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/> or
<http://home.earthlink.net/~strahm_s/manuals.html>.