[G4] please help

Bob Schmidt bob58523 at charter.net
Sun Aug 28 15:49:54 PDT 2005

Hi,

New to the list and to G4's. I just got  a G4 from ebay, and like it
alot. It only had mac os 9.1 on it so I installed os 10.2 (with the
option of erasing entire hard drive). The computer has a scsi 17gb hard
drive in it. I decided to buy os 10.4, and I should be getting it on
Tuesday.

Here's my problem, I was tinkering around with yellow dog 3.1 and
installed it on the computer, it went well, and worked. Now I want to
install several partitions, one with mac 9.2 and the other for 10.4.  I
installed my 9.1 cd, and it will not boot from it. I then installed my
10.2 cd and it doesn't see the hard drive.

I went into the firmware and did a nvram-reset, set-default, reset-all
and the computer rebooted but when installing 10.2 it still does not see
the hard drive. If I try to boot with the 9.1 cd it comes up with a disk
and a flashing "?".

Any help would be greatly appreciated it getting this thing up and
running again.

Thanks,
Bob