[G4] Re: 802.11g through USB?

B.L. RasAzul at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 13:48:58 PST 2005

g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote on 12/1/05, 09:30:

 > Beside Sonnet, Linksys also has them at about $50 for the
 > "G".
roger
*********************************
I'm following this thread because i was once in the same boat trying to
get an airport card for my G4 Sawtooth and having no luck then I found
this page : http://home.earthlink.net/~metaphyzx/Wireless.htm
which list the cards pci pcmcia and usb adapters that are compatible
with the mac and it also tells you what software drivers you would need.
I opted for the following PCI card in my G4

Vendor   Type      Product ID nterfaceChipset OSSupport Driver/s Used
Motorola 802.11b/g WPC1810G  PCI Broadcom 10.2-10.4 Airport 3.1 and up
I paid 25.00 for it and that was with shipping.
It's reported in Apple System profiler as an Airport Extreme Card
HTH
Brad

--
Brad