[G4] G4 dual 500 Mystic questions

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Fri Dec 2 04:23:27 PST 2005

These Run Tiger well, the RAM drive is read only, Zip works. Issue:
these had a tendency to corrupt hard drives. There is a firmware at
Apple that will fix this. When these first came out many had the
power button go bad; And this often took out the MB. This was shortly
resolved and only seemed to happen in the first few months of
operation.  I don't recall any of this happening out of warrantee.

I just had a student buy a Quicksilver 733 for $325 so I don't think
you will get a Mini out of it. Selling used you won't gain anything
by adding RAM or another drive. Selling with the monitor may get $350
to $400; If you are lucky you may get $350 for just the tower. The
$500 Mini has put a lot of pressure on the used Macs. There are new
but earlier model Minis going for $470 with 512 ram and the larger
drive at SmallDog.

roger