[G4] Re: G4 dual 500 Mystic questions

Wade Tinney wtinney at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 5 00:34:09 PST 2005

Roger Harris <roger at rogerdharris.com> wrote:
>Issue:  these had a tendency to corrupt hard drives. There is a firmware at
>Apple that will fix this.

This is the kind of info I was looking for.  Thank you.  I checked,
and it has already been updated.

>When these first came out many had the
>power button go bad; And this often took out the MB. This was shortly
>resolved and only seemed to happen in the first few months of
>operation.  I don't recall any of this happening out of warrantee.

Doesn't seem to be an issue.  I think if it was going to go out, it
would have by now.

>I just had a student buy a Quicksilver 733 for $325 so I don't think
>you will get a Mini out of it.

I did some checking on eBay.  I think I can get a little more out of
it by adding a DVD burner - which I already have.  It's not Apple
certified, but it's listed as bootable and Patchburn compatible on
the xlr8yourmac website.

I'm hoping to get a bargain on eBay.  It's happened before.  (I'm not
holding my breath though...)

In any event, this computer is miles above the Mac he had - a
7300/180 which isn't even working right now.
--

Wade Tinney