[G4] How to set your hard drive to master

jennifer friede jfriede at mac.com
Tue Dec 6 13:52:46 PST 2005

Hello,

I have a PowerMac G4 and my master hard drive is set at 20 GB when I
originally purchased. I want to upgrade my master hard drive. I
purchased a 250 GB Maxtor ATA/133 7200RPM 16MB. My computer doesn't
recognize the drive when I installed the 250 GB hard drive in P2.

Does this have something to do with the jumper cable? I'm confused
with the master/slave part. If anyone can help me out with examples
or descriptions or links. I've done research online and found a lot
of information but I couldn't understand what I'm not getting at.

I have already purchased the same hard drive for my slave and already
installed the proper firmware to recognize the capacity of the GB size.

Thanks,

Jennifer