[G4] Re: G4 TO G5 Transfer

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Sun Dec 11 04:48:24 PST 2005

Well, my G5 tower only has two slots for SATA drives or any drives
for that matter.  There isn't a lot of room inside the case.  So, if
you plan to toss out the SATA drive that comes with it and then put
in a card, and then run some sort of cable (sounds awfully messy),
you're just going to end up with something that might not act the way
it should.  Especially considering how everything is
compartmentalized to optimize air flow.
I think what you might want to do is invest in some external firewire
enclosures for your current ATA drives and get another SATA drive.
They come in sizes up to 400 gig now.
I think you're still thinking the inside of the G5 is like the inside
of a G4 tower...it's not.

Tim