[G4] Ethernet Card for a G3 Minitower

Aaron macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 13 05:31:49 PST 2005

>From: "Hector I. Macedo" <hecmac at comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [G4] Ethernet Card for a G3 Minitower
>Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:51:21 -0600
>To: sghalina at rogers.com,
>	"A place to discuss Apple's G4 computers." <g4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>Hi Glen, for replacing the floppie, look no further, get a flash
>memory stick, they are fast and cost effective, plus really portable.

Flash drives do require USB, which Glen may or may not have on all computers involved.

>On Dec 11, 2005, at 12:44 PM, Glen Halina wrote:
>>
>> Meanwhile, I'll look at replacing the floppy or zip to be able to
> > transfer print files without wasting a cd.

Does your drive write to CD-RW's, Glen? If not, do you have Toast or any other software that lets you write multiple sessions to a CD? If you do, you can use the same CD over and over again until you fill it up, which would be equivalent to quite a few floppies or at least 6 full Zip cartridges. Since blank CD's go for about U.S. $0.20 down here in quantity, I can't imagine they'd be very expensive in Canada.

 - Aaron