[G4] spinning ball

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Dec 15 17:55:19 PST 2005

On 12/15/05, "Gregg Mastorakos" <lightpainter at cox.net> wrote:

> I have a g4 dual 450 runnning 10.2.6
> Any action such as moving a window or opening a folder results in the
> spinning ball for 4-5 minutes. I have no problem running photoshop and/or
> other programs at full speed.  Any ideas?

Something's hosed on your OS. Create a new admin user account, log into it, and
see if it persists. If so, then reinstall the 10.2.6 combo update-better yet
install the 10.2.8 combo update or move up to Panther/Tiger. If not, then the
problem's with the original user account. Check the preference files with
Preferential Treatment.