[G4] iMac G4 700 upgrade

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Sun Dec 18 11:42:43 PST 2005

On Dec 18, 2005, at 8:23 AM, Russell wrote:

> Thanks Ron.. I have been able to  figure out some of that the
> problem which you mentioned is those Air Port cards are hard to
> fine and expensive ... But will have to either look for an external
> Wireless adapter which I did find that connects with a ethernet cable
> and powered by the USB port, which I would rather have a separate
> power source.. If any one has any suggestion for a good external
> wireless adapter would appreciate them.

I'm very confused by what you're after here. USB to ethernet, USB to
wireless, an access point or router? If its USB to ethernet here's
someone who has looked into this extensively: http://
www.sustworks.com/site/news_usb_ethernet.html. If USB to wireless
than someone recently mention that D-Link's 802.11G adaptor worked
for them, I and others do not recommend their 80211.b USB wireless
adaptor.

Phil