[G4] g4 cpu compatibility

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Wed Dec 28 07:17:48 PST 2005

On Dec 28, 2005, at 5:38 AM, andrew steele wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if a G4 dual 1 GHz processor that came out of a
> Quicksilver will work with my G4 Sawtooth AGP.

This type of question gets asked frequently, but as far as I know
Apple's CPUs are model/generation specific. Also note that early
Sawtooth motherboards are not dual CPU compatible. There are
utilities that will tell you wether or not yours is. See the
macsales.com CPU upgrade section or Sonnet's web site.

> And if there is a site that I can cross reference compatibility
> between computer models.

Not that I know of -- see above.

Phil