[G4] G4 450 Sawtooth monitor question

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Dec 30 02:21:05 PST 2005

On 30 December, 2005, at 1:39:43, David Minger NPG Cable wrote:

> My current monitor is going periodically zapping out (screen
> abruptly goes black, flashes back on briefly, etc. -- works again
> for a few hours after it "cools off"). So I need a new monitor.

It would be a help to list the brand of computer you are attaching
the monitor to, or the model of Mac and the video card installed.

I have found that a standard SVGA multi-synchronous monitor from a PC
will work with many Macintoshes as long as you use the proper video
connector adapter. The adapter can be bought at Radio Shack, it is a
DB-15m to SVGA-f adapter.

If you are using a digital monitor or an Apple CRT monitor, you will
need a different adapter according to the type of monitor, DVI or ADC
to SVGA.