[G4] Re: dell monitor

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sat Dec 31 08:21:53 PST 2005

On 12/31/05 8:16 AM, "Sims David" <dmsims at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I read your post about the dell monitor. The Dell  monitors are
> inexpensive and look nice, but the color  accuracy is not even close
> to the color accuracy of the apple LCDs. This matters if you are
> sending jobs to a printer.
> David

Did you look at the discussion on Macintouch? There are LOTS of professional
graphics folks who've contributed some of the positive reviews. I'm limiting
my comments to the 2000fpw and 2005fpw. The only criticism that people have
made with any consistency is that the default brightness level is too high.

The power supply is not in a separate brick, but in the monitor housing
itself, and a few people have said the units radiate heat.

Mine (2005fpw) sits RIGHT next to my 17 inch LCD ADC Apple display. I can't
see any difference in the colors as I move a picture from one monitor to the
other, but I've not done any formal calibration.

I don't think your "not even close" description would be seconded by the
savvy people who read and contribute to Macintouch.

Jim Robertson