[G4] request help deciding on dvd writers...

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 18:36:38 PST 2005

On 21 Jan, 2005, at 19:41, Frank Haddock wrote:

Can anyone suggest an external dvd writer (firewire of course) that
will work with a G4 (400mhz) and the new mac mini.

I put a Pioneer 105 CD-RW/DVD-RW into an external FW/USB box and it is
working fine with my G4 GBit Ethernet which has been bumped to 1GHz
processor speed. I believe that Pioneer now has a model available that
can burn double-sided DVDs. I would look into that option before making
any decision on brand.