[G4] Displays LCD/CRT/Cinemas

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Wed Feb 2 08:39:51 PST 2005

On Feb 2, 2005, at 10:49 AM, Polkadoter at aol.com wrote:

> Are LCD display different than CRTs?  CRT Computer Monitors display in
> square pixels - do LCD's display in square or non-square?  And more
> importantly how about the Apple Cinema displays - square or
> non-square?  Working with a variety of software programs and all the
> pixel aspect ratios.  I need a new on my tower and want the correct
> display.
>  Thanks
>  Linda

Linda:

Under a magnifying glass, the pixels on my Apple 17" LCD display appear
very square to me.

You did not say whether color accuracy is critical to you, but if it
is, a top of the line CRT that you can adjust routinely with special
calibration equipment is better than the best of the LCD displays.  I
am saying this as a non-professional observer.  The graphics and
photography experts for whom color accuracy is critical should weigh in
here.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.