[G4] Mac mini monitors and other questions

J.R.Rosen dilloman at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 10:27:54 PST 2005

I don't know if I'm way off here, but aren't the Apple LCD monitors
made by Samsung?  If not, who are they made by?  And, if not Samsung,
shouldn't you look at what that company has to offer as far as their
own branded monitors is concerned?
On Feb 5, 2005, at 12:04 PM, Joe Sporleder wrote:

> I guess what I was looking for was if their were any third party DVI
> alternatives to Apple's no longer made 17" ADC LCD Studio Display. I
> see different manufactures at the Mac online retailers, as well as
> reviews in some of the Mac magazines, but I'm looking for a personal
> perspective of y'all's experience. Of ones that I see that have a
> digital connection, are their particular companies I should stay away
> from because their product and/or service quality is terrible? Looking
> in one of my current Mac catalogs, I see the following vendors
> (besides Apple, since a $999 20" is their entry level) that have
> digital LCDs - ViewSonic (I've had good luck with their CRTs), Planar,
> NEC/Mitsubishi, Sony, LG, Princeton, Samsung & Arcadia? Anyone have
> any "bad luck" and/or customer service with digital LCDs from any of
> these particular companies? Actually, my "secret wish" is that the 17"
> wide screen that is available in the iMac G5 could be made available
> as a standalone DVI LCD at or below the price of the old ADC 17" Apple
> Studio Display.
>
> Joe
>

> On Feb 4, 2005, at 9:37 PM, Jim Pacyga wrote:
>
>> Try one of the resellers like MacMall...unless you can find a stock
>> return at an Apple store, Apple usually dumps "old" products from
>> their own retail as soon as they are discontinued...
>>
>> jim

>>> Apple no longer has the 17" LCD at their web site.  I did not see
>>> any at the local Apple Store.
>>>
>>> There have been recent reviews on 17" LCD displays in various
>>> magazines.  Try Macworld, PC World, PC Magazine on line.  Also
>>> Shopper's World (CNET).
>>>
>>> Al Poulin
>>> Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
>>> proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.

J. R. Rosen
Armadillo Press-Printing & Graphics
305 Wells Fargo Dr., Suite 4
Houston, TX 77090