[G4] icons moving around

rich northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Mon Feb 28 11:55:02 PST 2005

Hi Gang,

Back for some more of your great advice and problem solving!

I have a G4, Quick Silver, running OSX.3.8.  I have three disk drives,
one of them partition into two. So therefore I four icons representing
these drives. I normally keep these kind of icons in a vertical row, on
the far right side of my desktop screen.       ( matches my political
bent!)

But I believe, starting with 10.3.7, these babies get moved all over
the place at boot time. They usually end up near the trash icon in the
lower right corner, rather than farther up, towards the top.

Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a way I can lock their
location?

Thanks for your help.

Rich