Redux: [G4] 10.3.6 safari so slow, ditto for Firefox

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Tue Jan 4 22:08:01 PST 2005

I just finished reading the February, 2005 issue of MacWorld, and, in
particular, the article "Prevent Mac Disasters."  It had a lot of
good advice, and, again in particular, clearing out caches and logs
to speed system performance.  So, I used Onyx to clear our most
caches and logs, and re-started (Onyx makes you do just that), and
WOW!  Safari is snappy once again.  In fact, everything seems much
snappier.  Unbelievable, almost like a new computer.   The February
issue is not online yet, but when it is, and if you do not subscribe
to the printed version, I heartily recommend that article.

--Steve