[G4] Re: KeySpan USB Card

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 5 12:29:33 PST 2005

Robert,

I had other problems with the KeySpan PCI/USB card so I changed to a 5 port
USB 2.0 USB/PCI card by Belkin. It works fine but Sleep still equals Coma on
my G4 AGP 1GHz machine. I gave up trying to use the useless Apple Sleep
command under the blue Apple long time ago. The only thing that will wake my
G4 from sleep is the restart button on the face of the tower.  Looks like
you are going to have to join the rest of us and give up sleep. I need the
extra USB ports more than sleep.

I would like to know what happens to the sleep issue if you remove the PCI
card?  I am not 100% convinced the addition of the card causes the sleep
problem.

Dick