[G4] G4-450 AGP upgrade to 1 GHz

skinnymen productions skinnymenproductions at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 13:38:35 PST 2005

i'm new to the group (and to macs). this forum is a life-saver! i wanna thank everyone for their responses and assistance.

Kevin Willis <res19rmg at verizon.net> wrote:
On Jan 4, 2005, at 9:56 AM, Richard M. Kriss wrote:

> Thanks to several on this list that recommended a processor upgrade. I
> purchase the Other World Computing (OWC) Mercury Extreme 1 GHz
> processor.
> The shipment and sales support was great and the installation was a
> snap.
> The old G4 is much more responsive now and I see less spinning discs.
> The
> big change was noted in iPhoto and that change alone was worth the
> cost of
> the upgrade.
>

> Dick
> G4 AGP 1GHz

I have a 400 Mhz Gigabit G4 that I upgraded with a 1 Ghz Sonnet Encore
CPU. It was quite a boost, but I think I noticed more of an
improvement after I upgraded the video card. I had a PCI Radeon 7000
that I replaced with a AGP Radeon 8500. Just food for thought.

Thanks--

Kevin

Hotep a.k.a Hustle Simmons
C.E.O. SKINNYMEN PRODUCTIONS