[G4] New hard drive for DP 500 G4

Jim Davis nomorebush at mac.com
Sat Jan 8 15:28:27 PST 2005

Unfortunately, the Mirror Drive Door G4's are the only G4's that will recognize a drive larger than 128 gigs.  You can purchase an ATA controller card very cheaply from any number of sources that will solve your problem AND give you a faster bus speed, though the speed increase will probably be imperceptible.  Try Here:

http://www.macgurus.com/productpages/sata/FT1002.php

This card is in fact a Serial ATA controller, that will bring you completely up to date and allow you to add the largest and fastest drives available today, Serial ATA drives, with a 150 Megabytes per second data rate.  As the copy indicates, you will also be able to connect your existing 200 gig ATA drive with an adapter, available elsewhere at MacGuru's site.
Best of Luck- Jim.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe that they are free. - Goethe.