[G4] PatchBurn won't patch my drive

joshua hough soyjourner at mac.com
Sat Jan 8 17:48:57 PST 2005

I have installed a Sony DVD-RW as a second optical drive in my G4.  iTunes
would not recognize it under Preferences -> Burning -> CD Burner, so I
downloaded PatchBurn.

The drive showed up under "Connected CD/DVD writers," but there were several
Sony drivers listed under "CD/DVD system drivers" and none of them matched
my model (DW-D22A), so I picked the one that said "Vendor: Sony" and "Model:
Sony," figuring it would be the most likely candidate.

I rebooted and iTunes still would not see it.  I opened PatchBurn again,
thinking I should try a different driver, but now Sony is not listed
anywhere under "CD/DVD system drivers."  What is going on here?  Will iTunes
ever be able to see this drive?
-Josh