[G4] Video card upgrade troubles (9700).

Jim Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 27 10:34:35 PST 2005

I had a similar problem with a Radeon 8500 but in that it would not actually complete the boot process and land me in the OPEN monitor.  So, given that difference, this may not work but what I had to do was boot the machine into OS 9 to get the old NDRV file.  For some reason, the newer NDRV failed to allow the card to boot so I used the older version once it loaded it worked fine (I might have also removed the file from my OS X disk - it has been a while)...it's a bit dodgey, but the problem is likely a driver version issue since it does work with the minimal driver set up on the install disk...you might have the same compatibility problems I encountered...

Good luck!

jim