[G4] [OT] wrong Java version running???

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Fri Jul 1 12:40:29 PDT 2005

On Jul 1, 2005, at 13:15, Jay Snoke wrote:

> It appears that even though I have the latest version of Java
> installed (ver 1.4.2), Java ver 1.3.1 is the one that is running on my
> system.

How did you determine that?

> I am running OS X.3.9, and all the latest versions of various
> browsers.  How can I ensure 1.4.2 is the one that is called?

You should have several versions of Java installed. To determine the
default version, in Terminal, do

% java -version

The previous versions are for backwards compatibility. Some Java apps
may require a specific version of Java. Could this be what you are
seeing?

See <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25408>. Although
it's for Jaguar, the basic idea applies to Panther as well.

<0x0192>