[G4] [OT] wrong Java version running???

James Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 1 14:26:58 PDT 2005

Alex is right.  Using terminal you can get the JRE version:

Apollo:~ pacyga$ java -version
java version "1.4.2_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-141.4)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-38, mixed mode)

However, the Java plug-in for Safari is separate (Help->Installed
Plug-ins):
Java Plug-in
Java 1.3.1 Plug-in — from file “Java Applet.plugin”.
MIME Type	Description		Extensions
application/x-java-vm		1.3.1 Specific Java Applets	javaapplettags
application/x-java-applet	Basic Java Applets	javaapplet

The 1.3.1 plug-in seems to be the latest...perhaps Tiger has a newer
Plug-in...?