[G4] Finder problems

Roxylee roxylee at frontiernet.net
Mon Jul 4 08:39:26 PDT 2005

I, too, am having finder problems, plus some other weirdness on my 466
G4 AGP, running 10.39. When I go to the Finder FIND, the icons on the
desktop disappear for about 8 seconds and the reappear. No find window
opens. In iTunes, when I go to create a new playlist, the icon appears,
but the type-in window that names the playlist won't allow me to type
in anything. Also, when I try to print, I get Error: Invalid copies.
Zero is not a valid number. The box that allows me to change the number
is missing. Also, my Word for Mac preferences won't open, saying there
is not enough memory to open them. I checked and there is still 3.5G HD
space left.

I ran disk utility from the boot disk and it didn't find a problem. I
don't have any OSX diagnostic tools. I tried running my old Tech Tool
Plus, but it won't open in OSX or even in Classic mode. I've searched
MacFixit and other places online, but can't find anything that helps.
Can anyone help? Please uses non tech language and spell it out as if
you were talking to a low end user, which I am. Oh- and these problems
only exist in my account. (administrator account) The other 3 accounts
seem to be fine. Thanks! :-)

Roxylee