[G4] Sawtooth Drive Install Hardware

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 7 18:07:50 PDT 2005

I'd be interested in what you find out. I've changed out drives in my
Sawtooth several times and it's fairly easy to do. But I've never
heard or seen special hardware to allow you to install more than two
drives... though I'd think it'd not be a terribly big project. Some
people really do extreme mods to their cases and this wouldn't be too
hard to do if you're at all handy with bending thinsheet metal. I'd
worry a little about cooling capacity. The drives would occupy space
and interefere with air movement.

But I'm wondering why you'd  want to add a third or fourth drive
inside.  I'm really enjoying my two firewire external drives that I
put together for backups and large file transport. Right now I've got
far more storage capacity external to my Sawtooth that I have inside.
I actually find it to be very convenient, especially when I have
another computer in another location and the .MAC service wouldn't
fit my needs for rapid file transport between them.

John