[G4] Another G4 ?

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Thu Jul 7 18:12:27 PDT 2005

On 7 Jul, 2005, at 16:42, Dan A Currie, Jr wrote:

Hello All,

I got my extra HD installed and so far everything is running fine ...
but this G4 came with TIGER installed and it seems that everytime I
try and install some of my other apps, like Mouseworks, it asks for a
password that I do not have.

If you have the OS installation CD/DVD, boot to it and go to "Change
Password" in the menu when it becomes available. Do this before
clicking on the "Install" button!!!!!!

At that point, you should be able to create a new password for the
root user (you). Just be sure to remember it for future use.