[G4] Sawtooth Drive Install Hardware

James Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 7 18:35:12 PDT 2005

Jose-

Not true.  A drive is a drive SCSI or IDE.  However, you are correct in
that the on-board IDE supports just two drives (the other IDE cable is
for the optical/ZIP drives).  You can however use any type of PCI based
controller (SATA, IDE, SCSI) to manage the additional drives.

I use a Sonnet SATA card with good results.

Jim