[G4] cheapest price for wireless

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 13:02:31 PDT 2005

On 8 Jul, 2005, at 12:23, dapper dan wrote:

what can i expect to pay online for a wi-fi card for my powerbook g4
867mhz?just the card,not the base station.

  I have seen Airport Extreme cards go for less than $30.00 on eBay,
but you have to watch the auction board closely to win the auction
bidding. On the other hand, I have seen the older Airport cards go
for over $79.00 which I believe is mostly due to the fact that they
are no longer being manufactured and what is out there is all there
is ever going to be unless you can use a third-party card in your
machine.

My laptops can use Orinoco and Belkin cards (that I know of) and
maybe other brands too??? My G4s will only let me insert an Apple
Airport card because of the extra antenna length of the other brands.

I just bought an extra Airport card from PowerBookGuy on eBay and it
cost me $78.35 after taxes and postage and handling. Your mileage may
vary.