[G4] Flashing a DVR 109

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sat Jul 9 14:11:21 PDT 2005

     I have been scouring the archives of the G4 list re-reading the
posts on flashing DVR 109's, but I could use some clarification.

     I just installed mine yesterday  and upgraded the firmware to
version 150.  I found the download for version 155, but it was for
Windows.  Do I need to pull the drive and put it in a PC to upgrade
to that version?  If I do, would it still work in my G4?

     Also, I read where people have flashed the DVR 109 with a A09
firmware.  Doing so supposedly greatly increased ripping speeds and
enabled Quiet Drive mode.  Is it possible to do that with a Mac?
Once again, all the instructions were in Window-ease.  Even clicking
on one of the links produced a never ending page of jibberish.

     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin