[G4] Help with Installing a Seagate SATA drive on a G4 AGP

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 12 12:29:03 PDT 2005

I picked up a Syba PCI Serial ATA Host Controller Card and SATA Power cable
from Frys today.  I removed my backup WD40 Hard Drive and replaced it with a
new (longer) Seagate 80 GB SATA drive.  I used the jumper cable provided by
Syba to connect the PCI card to the new SATA drive.  I then used the SATA
Power cable to get the power from the G4 ribbon cable to the new drive.

Fired up the G4 and I can only find my primary drive. Any suggestions on how
I wake up the SATA drive?  Surely someone has been able to get one of the
newer SATA drives to work in a G4

Dick

Sorry about that.... just ditched the old quotes and requotes.