[G4] Re: Help with Installing a Seagate SATA drive on a G4 AGP

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Jul 13 00:01:42 PDT 2005

On 12 Jul, 2005, at 18:53, Richard M. Kriss wrote:

I did a restart and then opened the System Profiler and the Disk
Utility and
there was no sign of the new Seagate SATA drive. The disk and
instructions
that came with the SYBA PCI Serial ATA Host Controller Card said NOTHING
about Macintosh and I have no idea how to install the drivers that must
be
required.

Just a small question here - Did you try to use DiskUtility to find the
new drive?

It is possible that the new drive is not formatted as a Mac drive and
won't show on the desk top until it is formatted.

My $.02 worth - for what it's worth.