[G4] Updates do not fix my DVD playback

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg at mac.com
Wed Jul 13 19:27:24 PDT 2005

On Jul 13, 2005, at 9:47 PM, Thomas J. Fobia wrote:

> Before going thru that expense why not get yourself a copy of VLC
> (VideoLan Client)? It works great with my G4 400Mhz w/ Radeon 8500
> Plus it has features not found on Apples DVD player. Just type VLC
> into your search engine and you will find it!  Good Luck!
> Tom

I have VLC but in my experience it does not play the movie with the
same crispness that Apple's DVD player has given me when I could use
it. I have a DVD player hooked up to my TV, and my PowerBook also
plays DVD's fine so this problem is not earth shattering, but it is
annoying that in some of our cases upgrading the software creates
problems with the hardware that can't seem to be resolved. Hopefully
a fix will come as my budget does not allow for a new video card at
this time. Everything else works fine.
Greg