[G4] Slot-Load faceplate for Sawtooth?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Thu Jul 14 13:11:27 PDT 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Jul 14, 2005, at 11:18 AM, Kunga wrote:

> There is a hack to make room for a second 5.25" drive. But it requires
> that you cut the sheet metal frame. There's the link to photographs of
> how it was done on a B&W G3. Same frame design.
>
> I can't find it right now. But I can later if you or anyone else on
> the list wants it let the list know.

> On Jul 14, 2005, at 10:18 AM, Harry Freeman wrote:
>
>>> Dear Listers:
>>>
>>> I'd like to replace the zip drive in my G4 AGP Graphics (Sawtooth)
>>> which I never  use with a slot-loading DVD-ROM drive. Is there a
>>> cover faceplate that would match the Sawtooth plastics? They have
>>> the vertical dark/light gray stripes. Alternatively, is there a
>>> blank faceplate that I could cut-out an access slot?  Thanks.
>>>
>>> Carlos
>>>

>> Hi Carlos ( + )!( + )
>>
>> I don't think that there's room for a DVD-ROM drive where the zip
>> drive is located. Well at least not on my G4 AGP Graphics. If you
>> don't have it, get the Setting Up Your Power Macintosh G4 pdf. called
>> "G4 install manual.pdf from the apple page.

Seems like a lot of trouble, if I ever get the urge I'll get either a
FireWire or USB external case and put the drive somewhere on my desk.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
I know, when people see a cat's litter box, they always say, "Oh, have
you got a cat?"  Just once I want to say, "No, it's for company!"