[G4] Re: Updates do not fix my DVD playback

Sean Collins sean at hogheaven.com
Fri Jul 15 19:57:40 PDT 2005

Daniel:

>Do you suppose it could be also a problem with the Pioneer DVR DVD
>drives. I have a DVR-109 and do havve the DVD playback problem.

You may be on to something there.  I have the DVR-105.  I can't
recall it all, but when this issue first surfaced, there were many
reports on XLR8YOURMAC (www.xlr8yourmac.com), and it seems to me that
there were "all-OK" reports by some w/DVR-109s too.

It may also be a firmware revision thing (either DVD drive and/or
Radeon card).  My Radeon card is still at the original firmware rev.
as delivered years ago, as is the DVR-105.

Sean