[G4] 8X burns VS. 16X burns

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Sat Jul 16 14:57:10 PDT 2005

Read here to find out about the 40 vs. 80 pin IDE / ATA cables...

It is all about shielding apparently so yes they still have 40 wires
that transfer data...

http://www.storagereview.com/guide2000/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80.html

So the mac might have already had a 80 wire cable in it? If you are
wondering what might be the limit to 16X burns it might be the actual
ATA bus in the G4. Which I believe is an ATA 33 controller for most
G4's.  Again another situation where a faster ATA PCI card would be
useful.

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.