[G4] Encrypted External Hard Drive

Ron Michael ronmichael at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 00:34:41 PDT 2005

I'm looking for a USB or Firewire external hard drive with encryption.
They use a key that is inserted in the back of the drive to turn the
encryption on and off. It's not software-controlled. I've found a
couple using Google but they're not at a store I prefer to do business
with. No returns, restocking, etc. And I want to be sure it works. A
couple of the stores wouldn't even answer my pre-sale email questions.
Thought I would try here to see if any of you have purchased one and
are using it successfully. Would like to know where you got it, etc.
It's for a Mac G4 mirror door 1.25mhz with OS 10.3.9.
Thanks.
Ron